- Amaravati is near Great Gaddesden, four miles north-west of Hemel Hempstead. For sat nav users enter Amaravati’s address: St Margarets, Hemel Hempstead HP1 3BZ. For more detailed directions see the monastery website. Drive through the gates and park.
To get to the Retreat Centre (see map below)
- Walk up the the driveway which passes on the left of the cloisters. (Do NOT take the driveway which leads into the cloisters or follow signs to the kitchen – as this is not to the Retreat centre kitchen).
- As you walk past the temple you will pass three buildings on your left.
- After the third building you will reach a hedge and see a walkway to the left.
- Follow this path to the Retreat Centre Kitchen which will be on your right. See map below.
Registration for Days of Practice will be in the retreat centre kitchen. Please note this is different to the Main monastery kitchen.
Registration for Retreats will be in the Men’s lounge.